A sleek and versatile normal-length prime, the GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR from Fujifilm is a 50mm equivalent lens for the G-mount GFX camera system. Its 10 elements, eight groups optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion element to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy throughout the aperture range. A fluorine coating has also been added to the front element to repel moisture and the lens also features a dust-, freeze-, and weather-resistant construction for use in inclement conditions. Additionally, a manual aperture ring is featured for intuitive, tactile adjustment over exposure settings, and a Command position can also be set for camera-based control over the aperture.
- Standard-length prime lens offers a 50mm equivalent focal length to realize a normal field of view for working with a variety of subjects.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions as well as enables a high degree of control over depth of field.
- The optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion element to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the aperture and focusing ranges for notable clarity and color fidelity.
- The front optical group is used for focusing to minimize aberrations and distortions throughout the focusing range.
- Physical aperture ring allows for intuitive adjustment over exposure settings, and incorporates a C (Command) position to permit camera-based aperture setting.
- The front element features a hydrophobic fluorine coating to repel moisture.
- Dust- and weather-sealed physical construction enables working in harsh climates and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.