With a retro styling and selfie-first design, the brown X-A3 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens from Fujifilm will be a ton of fun for photographers. The X-A3 incorporates a newly developed 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor that can create sharp, detailed images at sensitivities up to ISO 25600 and continuous shooting speeds of up to 6 fps. An electronic shutter option is now available as well, allowing for shutter speeds up to an incredible 1/32000 second. In addition to stills, the X-A3 even offers Full HD video at up to 60 fps. Addtionally, in creating a selfie-ready tool, the X-A3 has a touchscreen LCD that can tilt up to 180° and uses a slide-and-tilt mechanism to ensure 100% visibility as you shoot. The touchscreen also provides added functionality with Touch AF, Touch Shoot, and other controls.
The camera features a redesigned body with an aluminum top cover, front plate, and top dials as well as a faux leather grip that has an excellent feel. In addition to this it has a variety of new features to make shooting easier, including a Self-Timer with Smile Detection, Buddy Timer, and Group Timer settings. There is even an Eye Detection mode to ensure excellent selfies. In order to ensure optimal performance, the X-A3 utilizes a 77-point contrast-detect AF system. Built-in Wi-Fi further enhances usability with a direct connection to smartphones and instax SHARE printers. Additionally, it embraces Fujifilm’s long history with the inclusion of Film Simulations and Advanced Filters.
Included with the X-A3 is the XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II lens, which covers wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives with its 24-76mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element reduce aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and an optical image stabilization system compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake to produce sharper, clearer imagery in low-light conditions.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- A large APS-C-sized 24.2MP CMOS sensor can produce high-resolution still imagery and video with notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 25600. The camera provides quick performance throughout the camera, including a start-up time of 0.5 seconds, AF speed of 0.3 seconds, shutter lag time of 0.05 seconds, and a shooting interval time of 0.4 seconds. Additionally, the sensor lends itself to producing Full HD 1080p videos at 60 fps. Users can even use focus peaking during video recording.
- Body Design
- The sleek form factor is ideal for everyday use and is benefitted by an intuitive control layout that incorporates top control dials as well as a dedicated Q Menu shortcut button for quickly accessing some of the most oft-used camera and exposure settings. Also integrated within the body design is a 180° tilting 3.0″ touchscreen LCD, which is suitable for vivid monitoring and image playback, as well as front-facing selfies. Both face and eye detection are available, too, to ensure proper exposure and focus on the most meaningful of subjects.
On the rear of the camera, all of the physical controls are positioned to the right side of the body to benefit one-handed operation. A dedicated button is also available to activate the self-timer functions.
- 77-Point Contrast-Detect AF System
- In order to ensure crisp, sharp images, the X-A3 uses a 77-point contrast-based autofocus system along with a variety of scene-specific modes. This also includes new touchscreen-enabled settings such as Touch AF and Touch Shoot. Other settings include Smile Detection, Buddy Timer, and Group Timer modes which help capture the perfect moment. Also, when the LCD is tilted upwards it automatically activates Eye Detection AF. An addition to this model is a new single-point mode with 49 areas for more precise autofocusing.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Integrated Wi-Fi connectivity permits instant wireless transferring of images to linked mobile devices for direct sharing online. Mobile devices can also be used to embed location data into the photos taken with the X-A3 for geotagging. Additionally, the X-A3 is also compatible with the optional instax SHARE Printer, when using its dedicated app, for on-the-go printing of your favorite snapshots.
- Film Simulation Modes
- Taking advantage of Fujifilm’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-A3 integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some of Fujifilm’s classic reversal film types: Provia offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, Velvia produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, and Astia gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones. A Classic Chrome mode can also be used to create a nostalgic appearance characterized by muted tones and deep color reproduction. PRO Neg. Hi and PRO Neg. Standard are available now as well for an even greater selection of film stocks. Additionally, Black & White and Sepia modes are also available for a classic, monochromatic appearance.
- Other Camera Features
- Portrait Enhancer mode can be used to lighten skin tones for a clear and smooth appearance that is especially ideal for taking selfies.
- Super i-Flash accurately controls the light output of the built-in flash depending on the subject type for more natural-appearing imagery.
- The included battery can provide up to 410 shots per charger.
- Advanced Filters can be used to creatively adjust the look of your photos, and include Toy Camera, Miniature, High Key, Low Key, Dynamic Tone, Soft Focus, Pop Color, and Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple) settings. Shooting modes: Advanced SR AUTO, Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Sport, Advanced Mode, Custom, Manual, Night, Scene Position, Shutter Priority AE, Portrait Enhancer, and Landscape.
- Scene Position settings: Portrait, Sunset, Party, Night (Tripod), Snow, Flower, Fireworks, Beach, and Text.
- In-camera raw processing.
- Time lapse and panorama functions.
- XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II Lens
- Included with the camera body is the versatile XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II lens; a standard zoom providing a 24-76mm equivalent focal length range to suit working in a wide variety of situations. The all-glass, 12-elements-in-10-groups construction incorporates three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for greater clarity, sharpness, and color fidelity. Additionally, this lens integrates a 3.5-stop-effective optical image stabilization system to compensate for the effects of camera shake to render sharper imagery in difficult lighting conditions. The lens also features seven rounded aperture blades to produce a smooth out-of-focus quality when using selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.