The black Fujifilm X-E2 Mirrorless Digital Camera features a 16.3 megapixel, APS-C, X-Trans CMOS II sensor and an EXR Processor II to provide high quality imagery and exceptional camera performance. The combination of the sensor and processor enables a native sensitivity range from ISO 200-6400, which is further expandable to ISO 100-25600. Fujifilm’s proprietary X-Trans sensor uses a unique randomized pixel array in order to avoid the use of a resolution-reducing optical low-pass filter, therefore providing images with the utmost sharpness and clarity. This imaging system is benefitted by the Intelligent Hybrid AF system, which uses both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus quickly and accurately. Enhanced manual focusing capabilities are also a result of these technologies; Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking are two methods for quickly and precisely determining focus using intelligent focusing aids for improved control and optimized efficiency. The EXR Processor II also delivers fast performance speeds to all aspects of the camera, ranging from quick startup and shutter lag times to a fast 7 fps continuous shooting rate.
For image monitoring, review, and menu navigation, both a 2,360k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0″ 1,040k-dot LCD screen are available. The body design extends this versatility through the implementation of manual, physical control dials on the top plate of the camera as well as four different customizable buttons and a Q Menu button for expedited access to some of the most useful settings. This control scheme further enables an intuitive built-in Wi-Fi system for direct sharing of imagery to an Android or iOS mobile device for instant sharing online.
Full HD 1080p movie recording in multiple frame rates is possible and a 2.5mm microphone input permits the use of an optional external microphone for improved audio quality with recordings. Full-time continuous focusing is supported while taking video, also, as well as the use of Film Simulation modes. Film Simulation modes make use of Fujifilm’s history of producing both negative and slide films and allow you to apply those films’ characteristics to your digital imagery to better suit your intended look.
- Other Camera Features
- An in-camera RAW converter lets you record your images in 14-bit RAW and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This process enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface. Additionally, for more thorough processing of files, RAW File Converter software is included for RAW image processing on your computer.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera. When working in this mode, subsequent exposures can be paired and the final appearance can be previewed on the LCD or in the EVF before making the final exposure.
- Motion panorama mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- A built-in Super Intelligent pop-up flash provides additional illumination to imagery for photographing in dark conditions. Additionally, a hot shoe is available for use of optional external flashes.
- Four different auto bracketing modes are available: Dynamic Range, Film Simulation, AE, and ISO Sensitivity.
- The included NP-W126 battery enables approximately 350 frames to be recorded per charge.
Included Free 8GB UHS-I U3 SDHC Memory Card (Class 10)