The Lensmate Soft Release Button – Sea Horse beautifully designed button is a perfect complement to the Lensmate Fujifilm Thumbrests. Fits any shutter button with a threaded hole.
- Several unique engraved designs
- Aluminum and brass
- Now equipped with an o-ring around the threaded shaft which creates friction between the soft release and shutter, preventing loss.
- Most users of our thumbrests find that the new position places the first joint of the shutter finger over the shutter button when the hand is relaxed. Our soft release buttons are shaped to nestle comfortably under the index finger first joint, enabling a softer shutter release and allowing lower shutter speeds without shake.
- Of course if you prefer using your finger tip, or it just lines up better with the shutter button you might prefer the non-engraved concave brass model, though there’s no reason you couldn’t use the convex model as well (mushroom shape).
- Since the thread in the shutter button is tapered, the thread of the soft release button has to be tapered as well. The drawback to soft release buttons are that once the button starts to unscrew itself, it does so quickly without much warning.